Focus on Three Areas for Improved Return on your Email Campaign
A typical email campaign means a return of $40 per dollar spent. This makes email marketing among the most effective marketing strategies and is the reason why companies are increasing their investment in email marketing. This return on your investment can be improved even more by focusing on three specific areas in your email marketing campaign.
Get the Mails Delivered
If your email campaign doesn’t reach your potential customers, it can’t succeed. Among other key practices that are essential to reaching your customers, follow these guidelines to get your mails delivered:
1. Make sure your subscribers know exactly how often you’ll be sending materials to them, and when you do send materials make sure it’s sent from the name they’re expecting to receive correspondence from. It’s also important to make it easy for your subscribers to unsubscribe. All of this will make it less likely that your mails get reported as spam, protecting your delivery system.
2. While the big search engine directories are no longer so sensitive to subject line words, and subject line is no longer the prime factor in spam identification, the software used at the delivery end of the communication often remains sensitive to certain words. Avoid these to keep your legitimate mails from getting filtered to spam.
3. Be on your own list with mail addresses on all the major domains. This will allow you to keep an eye on how those domains are handling your mails. This may be your first warning that your mails are not being delivered.
Target Your Recipients
Information on consumer behaviors is available, and basing your campaign on these behaviors produces a better result than simply writing a stock mail and sending it to everyone on your subscription list.
1. After a purchase, you have information about that customer: You know what they bought. Emails targeted to encouraging that customer to purchase related items can be highly effective.
2. After a shopping cart has been abandoned, you have very important information: You know what that customer is shopping for and has not yet purchased. This is a perfect time to reach out to that customer with an incentive to encourage the purchase.
3. Reaching out to your most loyal mail-openers targets the customers who are already interested in maintaining a relationship with you. Helping them to do so with loyalty incentives can be a highly effective investment in your email campaign.
Grow Your List
Using an effective marketing campaign to build your base of loyal subscribers is a sure way to grow your business in the long run. It’s essential that any such campaign be carried out thoughtfully, not jumping into the arena of spam.
1. Develop a marketing campaign that offers something of real value. Make it worth the customer’s time to take action on your email after opening.
2. Send to the most likely potential customers. Blind mass mails don’t do you any favors. Work with a marketing expert to reach the right people.
3. Avoid devolving your campaign into spam by ensuring that your recipients are valid opt-in prospects, by being straightforward in your approach, and by offering something of real value.
By using these modern approaches, your email campaign has the best chance to produce what your business needs most: revenue. Professionals at Visual Artistics are ready to help you develop a marketing campaign that reaches the people you need to reach and delivers the return on investment that your business needs in order to thrive.Tags: consumer behaviors, Customer, E-mail, effective marketing, email campaign, email marketing, mail addresses, marketing, marketing strategies
Say, “Hello!” to V.A, he's the monkey behind the writing!
We have considered V.A to be part of our team since our conception. Besides being a fun thing to do, we feel he appropriately personifies the qualities that Visual Artistics people demonstrate daily. Like the monkey, we are well known for our smart ingenuity and being the kings (and queens) of the jungle.
There is no monkeying around with your marketing at Visual Artistics. Our team members harness the most positive character traits that the monkey is well reputed for having. The wisdom and supremacy of the monkey in its natural environment is passed on to you, our customers, via the monkey mania we apply to each and every valued piece of work.